Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Busy, Fun Weekend

On Saturday we left Logan and drove up to Arco, Idaho for my nephew, Cade's, missionary farewell. Once we hit Darlington, (the town were I was raised, just north of Arco) we let Kenna practice her driving. We turned off the highway and Kent turned the car over to Kenna. It was about 3 miles of dirt roads to Gma. and Gpa. McAffee's house and not another driver in sight - good for us and Kenna. Kenna is a giggler by nature, and sometimes the more nervous she gets, the more she giggles. We listened to nervous giggling for three miles. She is an excellent driver, cudos to her for doing such a great job, even parking was "no problemo"!


Mom and I Sunday morning. Mom looked so cute in this pretty pink dress she bought for herself a few weeks ago. Pink is definitely her color. Considering what she has been through in the past few months I think she looks simply amazing and beautiful. I hope I inherited those good genes!


Mom and dad just before leaving for Cade's farewell. They may have been a bit exasperated with me for requesting "one more picture" before we left. It is always a race against the clock and they don't like to be rushed. Once they decide it's time to go, it's time to go!


A most handsome missionary. Cade did a great job on his talk. He was the last speaker and all during Sacrament meeting he was kind of "rocking" back and forth in his chair. Kent thought perhaps he was practicing muslim prayer hour. Come to find out, this never-being-able-to-sit-still is classic Cade, according to him mom. We had a laugh over how sweet that is. Lanell will miss that, I am sure. Cade is going to the Cinncinatti, Ohio mission and leaves for the MTC on May 12th. Our love and best wishes to ya, Cade. You will be an outstanding missionary!


Me and the love of my life. Kent has been the best thing I ever did for myself. He is smart, kind-hearted, gentle and most of all funny beyond belief. My life has been one big party since I married him. It has been a sweet ride. 
Cudos to me for making the best decision of my life - WAY TO GO CAROLINE!!!


One last note. The doctor told mom she would be scheduled for a CT scan and blood work next week. If her numbers are where the doctor wants them, he will give her a 12 week vacation from Chemo. Mom needs a break as these chemo treatments are getting more and more difficult for her. She needs time to rebuild her body. Please remember her in your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. that was a fun weekend! Aw, the days of learning how to drive on the good ol dirt road! :) going over the bridge was my favorite/most nervous part! :) i'm responding to your comment on my blog-don't worry, i'm not going to overdue my workouts-i can only do so much at a time anyway! :) see you in a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just all over the place these days...lucky lady! Your mom does look so pretty in pink and remarkably well all things considered. Bless her heart. I think you will take after her, Caroline you look so youthful and pretty all the time.

    And as for Kent...kudos is right. He is one of the nicest and funniest guys I've ever known that is for sure. And one of the very best teachers too. Best of blessings to Cade on his mission. He looks happy and ready! Still praying over here for your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family! I have really enjoyed checking your blog. I found you on Nicki's blog which I found on Anina's blog. This is your niece April! I miss you guys. I feel the same way Nicki feels about being so far from family I don't get to enjoy the everyday fun. But I love Oregon so much too. It's beautiful here and we have had some great growing experiences. It's so fun to see what your cute family is up too. Congrats on the new soap business. You are a busy woman! Where do you ever find the time? You're amazing. Also you look amazing! love you.

    April

    oh, you can check out my blog at ferrisfamilyscrapbook.blogspot.com. It's a private blog, but if you'll send me your email address I will send you an invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi April,
    I hope you check back b/c I don't have your email address to send you mine and Anina hasn't blogged since October or something like that. I would love to be invited to check out your blog. My email is cravenclan@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete