Monday, April 26, 2010

Last NY Blog - I Promise

The day before I left, Nicki, Ariana and I went to visit another nanny who had invited us and a couple of other nannies over for lunch. April works for a family who lives on 7 acres just outside of Manhattan, the property is lovely with a 100+ year old house. The house was gorgeous and I especially loved the kitchen and the butler's pantry. I loved all the windows that let the light just pour in.


I would love to have this butler's pantry, but then, who wouldn't? Huge windows, tons of light, lots of fun seasonal dished and glasses. Tucked way back in the corner is an old charming sink original to the home. Loved it.


The last  day I was in Dobbs Ferry with Nicki, we made bread. It was quite an undertaking, but it turned out beautifully. I love the aroma of baking bread. We pulled it out of the oven around 2:00 and left for the airport at 2:30. We just barely managed a tasty treat before it was time to go. Ariana loved helping us with the baking and thought it was fun to butter the top of the bread. It was yummy. 


Just looking at it makes my mouth water. Didn't the loaves turn out beautifully!!!

This was a bitter/sweet morning for me. I loved being in the kitchen with Nicki and Ariana, but I knew as soon as it was over I would be heading to the airport, which meant saying good-bye. I had just a few tears before we left, but saying good-bye to Nicki was harder than I thought it would be. Once she dropped me off and left, I was okay. Thankfully, I had other things on my mind (getting through security and getting to my gate). I was sad to be leaving Nicki, who knows when we will see each other again, but at least we have the capability to communicate on a nearly daily basis. It makes the parting easier. Plus, I was excited to get back home to Kent and the kids. Vacations are fun, but it's always nice to come home too.



4 comments:

  1. gorgeous kitchen! I LOVE IT!! :) it was fun seeing you guys at cade's farewell! sounds like you had too much fun on your trip to NYC-i wanna go soooo bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your view of how the trip was. Very entertaining too. I want to go now. I wish we could have talked about it all day yesterday. I bet it is even more exciting hearing the stories in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never apologize for making us all jealous! What a wonderful trip and your bread looks divine! I adore what she said about you on her blog. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butler's pantry. Oh my heck...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete