Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day Three - The Big Apple

Got up early Saturday morning (not too early, I am on vacation, after all) and headed to the city. First order of business - brunch at Alice's Teacup (one of Nicki's favorite places). The best eggs benedict I've ever had and yummy rooibos tea to warm our tummies. It was still a bit nippy in NYC.














I have a lot of pictures of me stuffing food into my face on this trip!

Walked to Tiffany's, looked at very pretty diamonds, felt very out of place. Went to Rockefeller Center, ate some more (my favorite, black licorice bridge mix at FAO Schwartz).


















Walked around Central Park

Loved the city

Hung out at Times Square (around 5 p.m.)

Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (a very New York thing to do)



Freaked out at the fact that there were only these insufficient looking slats between me and a perilous fall to the water below. This photo is very deceptive. The water looks like it is just a few feet down, but in reality, it was hundreds of feel down - scary, nervous.

Admired the beautiful architecture of this bridge.

Convinced and threatened Nicki she should only sit on this part of the bridge, not STAND on it! (Much traffic and water below, no safety net).

Took the subway (very NY again) back to Grand Central Station, caught a train back to Dobbs Ferry. How can Nicki look so perky - we were exhausted. 
We walked all day and I thought we had covered tons of the city, but when we got home Nicki showed me on a map where we had gone. On a map the size of an 8.5x11, we only covered about the diameter of a quarter. Very big city that is going to require many trips to NY to cover it all! Check out Nicki's very fun version of this day here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Manhattan...such fun. Excitement is in the air there. And it made me want to go back and visit it just seeing your photos. I really enjoyed these posts, Caroline. Thanks for sharing this fun adventure! Nicki is gorgeous by the way, but then of course you already know this! What a doll! You both look so beautiful and happy!

    Hugs, B

    P.S How about you come out to CA sometime (avoid Winnemucca) and we can all go to SF for a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It made me want to hop a plane to NYC immediately. There is so much to do and eat and see - I love it. It must be even better when you have an experienced guide to show you around. Your trip looks like a blast! Nothing like a mother-daughter trip to NYC.

    ReplyDelete