Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April Showers???















The last two days have been sunny, beautiful and warm. In fact, it was so warm I planted my peas and put out some new strawberry plants. 
Then we got pounded by a snow storm this morning. It was our typical April winter, we get those often around here. We get light snow storms off and on through March and April and sometimes even in May, and we always get one that has lots of water in it making the snow extra heavy. This wet snowstorm usually comes just when the daffodils and tulips are in bloom, weighing them down and breaking off the beautiful blossoms. I'm hoping my tulips, daffodils and bleeding hearts can withstand the snow! So ready to be done with winter! By the way, aren't April showers supposed to be rain not snow?

2 comments:

  1. I am SO tired of the cold weather! I've been wanting to take Garrett out in his stroller but it's been too windy and rainy outside! Hopefully your peas and strawberries don't get ruined! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! That is exactly how I feel about the rain..is it ever going to be done? We have just had two days of it again after putting out the lawn furniture, etc. so now all my stuff is soaked through! Each time I am thinking this has to be the last storm! I don't ever remember a winter being this long and I am quite sure I'd really be fit to be tied if it was snow instead of rain. I hope your plants survive. I guess we just want our May flowers in April!

    ReplyDelete