Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Wellsville Mile, Again

Today Trevor ran the Wellsville Mile for the last time. Every year the 4th and 5th graders from all the elementary schools in the south end of the valley go to Wellsville Elementary and run a mile around their school. This is a huge competition - people take time off work to see this, which very much amuses me. 

Last year when Trevor ran this it was a hot day and he looked like he wanted to die when he came across the finish line. 
(Last year's picture.)

This year, however, it was raining. I'm not sure which he liked better, but from the look on his face, the cooler weather was better. Last year his time was 8 minutes 22 seconds and he came in 77th out of about 200 kids (5th grade boys). 
(This year's race.)

This year he shaved almost a minute off his time. He came in 59th with a time of 7 minutes, 36 seconds. He was so happy that he beat his time last year, and he beat it BIG. This is the picture of a satisfied boy. Way to go Trevor! I wish I could run a 7 or 8 minute mile, heck, I'd be happy if I could run a 10 minute mile.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Trevor! What a cutie. Wish I could have been there to cheer him on. XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Trevor!!!! Last year's picture of Kent and Trevor is priceless. The look on Trevor's face is very similar to what I look like after I do any exercise these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck, I'd be lucky to run, period. Entertainment for the masses and people who skipped work for the event!

    What a cute post and quite an accomplishment for Trevor. Like Mandy, I love the photo of father and son! I love it when men hug their boys, I think the ones that don't are out right weird actually. The look on Trevor's face this year is a post in and of itself.

    RE: Mamma Mia...

    You are right, Caroline! That scene of her jumping on the bed was fantastic. My body cannot do it with dignity but my spirit was right there with her on that. That truly did remind me of being 17! At 17 and at that moment...remaking the bed would have never even entered our minds! How funny compared to now, right?

    This has been a really fun discussion. Maybe we should start a club for all of us that 'get' being a Dancing Queen!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GO TREVOR!! I wish I could run that far without getting tired! I'm actually starting to run and get myself in shape!!

    ReplyDelete