Saturday, May 22, 2010

P.S. About That Wellsville Mile Thing


I forgot to add this to my blog about Trevor running in the Wellsville Mile. Of course, I was there to cheer him on. They start the race, run around the school once and then the second lap they run to the finish line. When he came around the school for his first lap, I was standing where the starting line was and was cheering for him. He gave me a little smile as he ran by (regrettably, no picture). Then sometime after the race ended he said to me, "When I saw you and heard you cheering for me it gave me a little jolt of happy energy". That totally made my day. It was joyful beyond words for me to hear him say that. I would have stood in the rain for hours cheering him on just to hear those words and know that me being there made a difference to him and made him happy. I loved it! 

1 comment: