Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's a Dunn Deal!

Finally, after days and weeks, I am getting this event posted. Nicki's wedding/reception was beautiful and everything went off without a hitch (well, almost everything). Being in the temple with my daughter was something I have been looking forward to for many years. We crammed a ton of people into the sealing room. Not only were there tons of aunts and uncles from my side of the family, but McKay comes from a family of 11 children, most of whom were at the temple with us, along with his uncles and aunts. Their bishop from their singles ward in Connecticutt was even there with us. It was so nice to have all these people who care so much for Nicki and McKay be in the temple with us.













We are excited to welcome McKay to the family. He is good to and good for Nicki!
I love this picture of Regan and Kenna, and I think Trevor looks pretty spiffy in his suit too!

The Wednesday before Nicki and McKay were married, his parents, Dale and Penny, flew in from Friendswood, Texas, just outside Houston. We had a nice evening getting to know his parents.

Nicki's best friend from California, Lauren Kallerman, came out too. I didn't intend to put this poor girl to work, but I don't know what we would have done without her. She and Nicki have been friends since Kindergarten and she is so sweet. We loved having her spend some time with us and were so happy to have her come and share this event with us. She is a darling girl and we just love her.

A week after the big event here in Logan, we flew to Houston for the open house in Friendswood. Nicki and McKay flew in from Mexico and we picked them up at the airport and headed out to his parents home. On Saturday, we had the open house and met some of the wonderful people of Texas. They truly are so very friendly. The cake was made for Nicki and McKay by his talented sisters who have a cake business. It was the yummiest cake I have ever eaten.

The Newlyweds!!!

Nicki with her newest niece, Alyssa. She is only a few weeks old and Nicki and McKay both have a hard time keeping their hands off her (a good omen for me;)

Nicki's other new neices. These little girls are the cutest and they were fun to watch during the big party. The little blonde one (Savannah) loved Nicki in her pretty wedding dress. She was the funniest. I really wish I could remember all their names, but I had a ton of people to meet and remember.

I'm not sure what I'm contemplating here, but it may have had something to do with the heat, humidity and fire ants that I was introduced to in Texas (and did not love)! I just thought this was a funny picture of me.

What can I say, we both love this guy!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Nicki and McKay!!! The family picture at the top is so great. What a happy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this post :) The wedding day looks wonderful - I am so glad to hear it all went well - despite the Texas heat. We need to talk to I can get the whole scoop. I had Timme fill me in on some of the details - I'll call you so I can hear the rest of the wedding story. Wish we could have been there - give my love and congrats to Nicki - what a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous event! I'm so sorry we missed it in Logan. I need Nicki & McKay's address to send them our card. Our daughter Mindy (who lived in Texas for 3 years) is good friends with one of McKay's sisters - TEXAS. (She said that's really her name!) Small world for sure. Sorry to hear about your mom, Caroline. We missed the wedding reception because of my mom who's been in the hospital/rehab for 2 months after a bad fall. We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats nicki and mckay! and congrats to you guys for the new son in law! he seems like a really neat guy! i loved being in the temple with nicki, it always takes me back to my wedding day! :) see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was a wonderful and beautiful wedding! so glad i was able to be a part of it. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete