Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Celebration, Aviation, Ordination

On September 27th, Trevor turned 12 years old. This is a big birthday for him. We went out to dinner and enjoyed some really great food . . .

and amazing desserts.

Later in the week, Trevor invited his friends over for a little party. They hung around here and later in the evening we built a big fire and the kids made some s'mores. Trevor loves s'mores.


When Trevor was a very small boy, he wanted to be a baker when he grew up. Then later, when he started school, he wanted to be a librarian when he grew up (he loved his school librarian and loves to read). Now he dreams of being a pilot when he grows up, so for his birthday, he got to go on his first flying lesson. This was a pretty thrilling birthday gift! He actually got to fly the plane part of the time. Kenna and Kent went with him.
this is the plane they flew in.

This was beyond exciting for him. He makes a good looking pilot doesn't he!

His co-captain.

On Sunday, October 10, 2010 (10.10.10) Trevor was ordained to the office of Deacon by his dad. Another momentous occasion. He didn't pass the sacrament last Sunday because we were up in Idaho for his cousin's mission report. However, he is looking forward to this Sunday with much intrepidation. He does not like to be up in front of a crowd, even if it is to pass the Sacrament with 10 other boys.


7 comments:

  1. I can't believe Trevor is 12!! He's so brave to fly a plane - I notice you didn't ride along - that would have been my choice, or maybe there wasn't an extra seat. It seems the time from deacon to missionary is very short, enjoy these days.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog - it's fun to stay connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. john LOVES to fly, too! he and his dad go whenever they can! so exciting for trevor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this is a sweet post. Wow 12 already! So many great events happening in our life. The wedding was beautiful from the blog post you did and the ones I have read of Nicki's. I cannot believe that honeymoon. Bummer! She was a beautiful bride, not surprisingly, and you looked stunning also. You are a brave mom for letting your precious boy take flying lessons. Trevor looks so happy. I sure hope you are holding up with all the excitement and then trying to not miss your mom so much. I know this is the most jumbled up paragraph...the random thoughts just come flying in..I have been thinking of you a lot and praying you are OK under it all and after it all!

    Loved our trip and now I want to get some posts done about it now that we are home. I am glad you enjoy traveling vicariously, I'll do that next year and let you spend the $! LOL.

    I am glad you are giving the kids a few weeks to settle into married life before you go over...that was funny. I do appreciate our sense of humor so much, Caroline!

    This is nuts, I need to talk to you about soap too. This is exactly what happens to me when I haven't talked with a good friend in a long
    time. Crazy I should have just called you!

    Well just know I have appreciated all your fun comments while we were traveling and now things can get back to normal...whatever that is!

    Love you and the family...take good care!

    Hugs, Bon

    ReplyDelete
  4. how exciting!! i can't believe that little cutie is 12! looks like you celebrated in style. you guys are so fun! flight lessons? what a lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12 is a big one! And flying planes- no big deal!!! Go Trev! He's a cutie. Love the picture of him and Dad at the end. I would have liked to fly with the birthday boy, maybe next year! XO Trev!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fun birthday. Nate and I always say we want to give our kids experiences not present. (Well, every kid needs at least a present, but you know what I mean.) I bet he will never forget it. He is so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. that food looks yummy. Can I have a bit?

    ReplyDelete