Saturday, January 9, 2010

Best Holiday Ever!

I apologize first off for not having any pictures. Since Nicki was here, I completely let her take over the picture-taking. So for the highlights of the season:
1. Nicki coming home from New York for two weeks. It was so much fun to have her here and the time flew by. It should have been a tad bit longer.
2. Christmas Eve - we always play the "Johnny Wright" game where you sit in a circle and pass gifts to the left and right according to directions given in a silly little story. This year I opted out and was the reader (okay, I'm always the reader, but I usually try to pass and read at the same time). I had made everyone a memory book of our Christmas trip to Mexico a couple of years ago. I was so excited to give this gift as we all loved the vacation. Now the pictures are in a safe place and if they get lost, it's not my fault. 
3. Closing ranks when the family was together. Getting ready for Christmas this year was hectic and once Nicki was home I closed off to everything but my family and had a fabulous time with them.
4. Meeting McKay - Nicki's boy. For pics you'll have to go to her blog, Nicki-tyler.blogspot.com. or just click on the right of my blog on her name. McKay is from Houston, lives in Connecticutt and is a sweetheart. He got here New Year's Eve and stayed through Sunday, they both left Monday morning and it was so quiet when they left. We really enjoyed meeting him and had tons of fun while he was here.
5. Sledding in the snow. This was a fun activity until, one-by-one, we all got hurt. Thankfully, nothing too serious, we stopped before our not-so-great luck ran out. Some of us are still nursing wounds. 

My only 2010 Resolution is to be better organized. Of course, that means lots of little goals to accomplish this big one, it will be a challenge for me. Lots of new changes coming in our family and we are looking forward to that. 

3 comments:

  1. Caroline, I love your blog. You are such a good writer and it was fun to hear all about the holidays. I know what you mean about those quiet moments when everyone goes their own way. I think I will never get use to it really. it is so nice to know Nicki has a great boyfriend. Doesn't it just warm your heart when they make good choices? I'll have to go over to her blog and meet him!

    I hope your soap sales soared over the holidays. I am going to order some for Laura and Jen after I get more organized around here. Maybe for Valentine's day I'll send all the kids some fun ones.

    I have really loved getting back in touch with you over the past few months. When someone moves we kind of suppress the missing to survive the loss, but this has been great.

    P.S. Thanks for enjoying the trip...more to come. :-)

    Love you,

    Bon

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun holiday season. I'm glad nicki was able to come home for a bit and spend it with you guys. McKay....is this serious?? how fun! :) i hope that you ladies can make it to my baby shower! it's not til the end of feb. and ashley is still in the process of making invitations but i hope you all can come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to see you tonight. Hopefully I will see you again before you head back home. Your holiday highlights sound like a lot of fun. Your family is such a close, loving family. I'm excited for Nicki. She deserves a great guy.

    ReplyDelete