Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Sweet Mom

So this is a picture of my mom and dad, taken last August up in Idaho. I received a phone call from my brother this last Friday and found out my mom is in the hospital. She hadn't been feeling well and went for some tests. I got another couple of phone calls on Saturday and found out she has cancer in her colon. The dr.'s are doing a surgery today (Sunday) to remove the cancerous section. She and dad seem so positive about this. She has had many prayers offered in her behalf and her name has been added to the prayer rolls in a couple of Temples. The doctor performing the surgery has to ordain his son to the Priesthood today, so we have to feel confident that he will be praying for his own success, I sure hope so.

This picture was taken Thanksgiving 2008. My mom is standing between my dad and Nicki. Dad is sporting a nasty bruise on his face from getting rear-ended by a semi when he was in Idaho Falls just a week before this picture was taken.

Update: Mom's surgery went well. She is now home from the hospital and doing so much better. We are now in the wait-and-see mode. Lots of questions, fears and hopes. We will keep her and dad in our prayers. 

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to write the same about grandma on my blog, I just didn't know what all I could say. Nick's mom also put her name on the prayer roll. I didn't know that about her doctor though. She has lots of prayers in her behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been wanting to post something about grandma too but wasn't sure what to write. it's scary to think what might be but is sounds like everyone is in high hopes and grandma and grandpa are in everyone's prayers. hope you all have a fun thanksgiving! i'm sad that we won't be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for all of you, Caroline. One day at a time you will get thorough this! What a beautiful family picture from last year!

    ReplyDelete