Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's Finally Here!

After much work, agonizing and sweating the small stuff, I have finally launched my new soap company. Itty Bitty Soap Company went on-line officially on Black Friday. Why did I do it? Well, I love making soap and couldn't possibly use it as fast as I was making it, and couldn't afford to keep giving it away to friends and family, so I decided to see if I could sell it. I hope it is a success as I have tons of new ideas all the time and because I am committed to making natural soaps as easy to purchase as commercial soaps. After learning about all the chemicals and artificial ingredients in commercially produced soaps, I just couldn't buy them for my family and feel good about what we were using on our skin. Then there is the havoc these chemicals wreak on our environment - these chemicals are truly poisoning our water supply. I am no environmentalist by any means, but I've seen so much documentation about how these petrochemicals stay in our water systems I just can't keep supporting companies that willingly do this in the name of profits. Check out my soaps at www.ittybittysoapcompany.blogspot.com. You will love them.

7 comments:

  1. good luck with the new business! it was fun going to dinner with everyone the other night! we should do that more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline these are sounding fantastic. I placed an order. I hope it arrives before we leave for Italy, Laura would love these! I am placing a link for your new company in a post this afternoon! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Starting a new business is a fun, creative - and exhausting adventure. I hope you have great success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so proud of you for starting this fabulous soap company!! they look soo beautiful! i want to start a business someday in my life. i think it would be SO rewarding! once dan &i aren't wondering how we will pay our next months rent... i totally want to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on the sop co. way to go, love the site and looks of the soap, one one of them all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good for you, Caroline! I love your soap idea ... they sound great. Your kids are all so grown up I almost can't believe it. I still picture them at the age they were when I babysat them. :)

    ReplyDelete