Friday, July 17, 2009

No cute, fun or silly pictures this time, but something so important to us. About 5 or 6 years ago, the spring before we moved to Cache Valley, Nicki got very sick and had some pretty rough days, missing months of school at a time. Way back then, I thought she might have mono, which we tested for two or three times and the Dr.'s kept telling us she didn't have it. Well to make a very long story shorter, over the years and after thousands of dollars, we finally found someone who could help us manage whatever was wrong with her. For the longest time we thought she must have food allergies, because all the tests we ran (and believe me, they were extensive) always came back negative. We never did get to the bottom of what was making her sick, but we were at least managing it and she could function. Last weekend she called and was sick again. She had been home for the 4th of July and got strep throat, but she just never seemed to get over it and get her strength back - same old story for us. We finally found someone who could help us and after spending about an hour and a half at her appt. we found out she had three viruses, one of them being mono, that has just been low grade for all these years, and that is just the beginning of it.We are excited and very hopeful that finally, finally she may be getting rid of these viruses once and for all! She told me she is feeling better and seems to have her energy back! Just wanted to share our good news with everyone. 

6 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING. I know how it is to go to Doctor after Doctor to try and find answers and to get so frustrated because they don't ever seem to have any! lol! That is so exciting. She must be so excited to finally understand what is wrong with her and be able to FIX IT!!!! Congrats, that is awesome.
    I was SO glad to hear from you guys. It has been WAY too long. We are in Utah. Christian was offered a job here that matched his CA. pay and is paying for his Master's so we are happy. We bought a house in Farmington and life is good. Christian is working and going to Graduate School, and I am teaching at a Business College near us, and will be teaching at LDS Business College this fall. We are really enjoying Utah. We actually have 3 good friends in Logan, so we come there often. I would LOVE to see you guys. When are you available???
    Call me when you can!! Can't wait to catch up!!!
    925-639-6401
    Love ya,
    Deanna
    p.s, YOU GUYS LOOK INCREDIBLE!! Such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see your blog! Thanks so much for taking care of Johnny - he had fun at your house. It was so comforting to know you were nearby. Sad we won't see you when we're in the neighborhood but blogs will keep us close. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, how wonderful to finally get to the bottom of this. It is always so hard to deal with the not knowing. Bless her heart...give Nicki our love! Thanks for sharing the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great! I am so happy that you finally have some answers! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline!! I'm so happy I found your blog! I'm glad you are finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel for Nicki's illness... I miss you guys! I'm glad I can catch up with what you have been up to...blogs are the best for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking the other day if you were able to find out what was making Nicki so sick from years ago. I'm glad you are getting to the bottom of things and that Nicki is feeling better. I hope she continues to get her full health and strength back. So exciting to hear this!

    ReplyDelete