Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Missing Mom

Yesterday marked two months since mom passed away. I really miss her. It seems like it has been years since I've seen her, talked to her or laughed with her.

Thanksgiving 2008
Dad sporting a nasty owie from a semi rearending them. His face smashed into the steering wheel. Ouch!

Mackay Dam, Summer 2009

May 2009 -I promise I did not stick my tongue in a socket just before this picture was taken. What is up with my wild hair???
Mom with granddaughters and great-granddaughters, plus Garrett.
Mom with daughters, minus Cindy, Shauna, Lanell and Shellie.
Mom with the latest batch of great-grandbabies.

June 2010 - at Hawaiian Temple


7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. I talk to my mom every day and a few days ago, my dad counted, I called eight times in one day. I know I am crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's right-it has been 2 months! I miss her, too! i feel way bad though because ashley is always telling me and my mom that she is CONSTANTLY thinking about grandma and there are days (sometimes weeks at a time) that I don't give it 2 thoughts.....it sounds cruel and mean, i don't mean it to be but I just don't think about her often. I know I'll never forget her though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about her just the other day and I heard her laugh in my head. I miss her although I never did see much of them since we have moved. We have to make sure we continue to do things as a family even though she is gone. We have the best family there is, due largely to Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline, I am so familiar with this phenomenon, the first little while is very hard. It is not that you stop missing them but it does become more manageable after a time. I agree with the commenter ahead of me..the most important thing you can do for a departed parent like your mom is to keep your family strong and connected. It is also the best thing you can do for each other.

    I know you are not looking for answers here just understanding. And love and I am sending both in hopes it can help some. There are the good days and the not so good but the ultimate comfort is always found in your faith in the Savior and His promises to each of us at exactly these times. I also like to read Alma 42.


    Hugs, B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post. It was good to see all the happy pictures of Grandma. I am so grateful for all the wonderful memories I have of her!

    ReplyDelete