Thursday, July 29, 2010

What I've Learned

I've learned a few things over the past couple of weeks:

*Planning a wedding/reception long distance takes its toll. Thank goodness for phones and email.
*Just when you think the decision is made and the issue is settled, its not.
*Nicki and I are both traditionalists, especially when it comes to wedding photography (no magazine spread photography, please).










*I'm in the wrong business. Weddings/receptions are incredibly and disproportionately expensive.
*Nicki is a sensible girl (I already knew that, but never appreciated it as much as I do now).
*Thankfully (on a multitude of levels), we are not the Clinton's ($6,000/guest at dear little Chelsea's sweet affair).
*It will all be worth it in the end.


5 comments:

  1. it is all worth it in the end! :) looking forward to seeing you all on saturday for the reunion! :) good luck with the wedding plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot of work. Make sure you get a good photographer. And most of all have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, your comment on my blog made me laugh out loud! Here is what I have to say:

    1. I'm sure you do not look like a "mullet-y lesbian, bus driver".
    2. You are beautiful. & everyone says so.
    3. You are THE BEST MoftheB. I would be up a creek without you.
    4. You are THE BEST regular Mother :) I would be up a creek without you.
    5. Thanks for all the work you are putting into this. I am thrilled and elated and happy and content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline-
    You are so funny - and fun! It is all worth it--every minute! And, we are in the wrong business--however, if we decided to get into that business, we'd be busy every weekend--not fun!~
    Love you,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!! can't wait! it's going to be so wonderful!! can't wait to see you guys! let me know if there's anything i can do to help out!

    ReplyDelete