Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthday Girl!










March 2nd I turned 20!!! I went home that weekend to celebrate with my sweet family/take a break from school.








What a day. I was pretty excited and elated. Firstly, when asked "How old are you?" the word "teen" doesn't have to be in my answer anymore. I know I'm really only like day older, but it just feels so much better to not have to answer "19" [and feel like a baby] when a 26 year old guy asks how old I am...
Cool thing #2 about being 20 is this:
I woke up to this sweet email from my Dad. In it he old me his four divisions of the life stage:
0-20 youth and relative carefree stuff.
20-40 adulthood and family.
40-60 gut check time.
60-80 cellular deterioration slide.
I've now entered "Adulthood and Family". That got me thinking just about this next decade and all the thing I will (hopefully) do. The list goes as follows: get into a Nursing Program, graduate college, pass NCLEX, go to Grad school, become a NP, get married, have babies!, be a mommy and a wife, own a home... and all the other adult things that go with it.
That excites me.

So the day was great, thanks to fabulous friends and roommates and an incredible family.

Lastly just wanted to express gratitude to my parents for the past 20 years. I marvel at dedication and love they have to the Lord, their children and eachother. They have, by example and gentle guidance, molded and shaped me into the person I am today. I hope that they are proud.

Thanks and lots of love to everyone for making my birthday so speacial.
OH- and shoutout to Reg for my hippy slippers!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Nicki! I like your dad's theories. I am excited for this stage in your life too. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete