Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Apparently, I'm terrible about keeping my blog current. Way back in the middle of July, Kent and Trevor went to Virginia to visit Kent's brother and his family. While they were there, they saw tons of historical sites and did tons of fishing. Trevor thought the bait was fun to play with.

Once he finally got the bait on the hook, he fished and  . . . 
caught a shark. They took it home and ate it - and loved it!!!
This is not the shark. Aunt Susanna talked Trevor into trying oysters - he was brave, but did not like it. He said he had to swallow a few times to make it stay down. I say, if you have to fight it that much, you shouldn't be eating it!
While they were gone having fun with cousins and fishing and site-seeing, I was home watching my little garden grow. We had tons of stuff, including some favorite herbs. This pic does not include the potatoes, pumpkins or the three different kinds of squash - or our tiny little cantaloupe.
On September 9th, Kenna turned a whopping 15 years old. The lovely undecorated cake is Angel Food, which she requested with whipped cream and strawberry/raspberry sauce - Yummy.
Here the gusty girl is blowing out the candles, and laughing at the same time. It makes for difficult candle extinguishing!
Uncle Ivan, Jack and Evie came out to visit Gma. & Gpa. McAffee and while they were here, we went boating at the Mackay Dam. It was tons of fun. By tons, I mean my sister, Lanell, and I actually got on this thing Trevor is sitting on and Carl pulled us around the damn dam. I was exhausted when we were done, I cussed enough to downgrade my hard earned kingdom and Lanell and Carl both had a good laugh at my expense. I hate getting old. 
It was fun to hang out with Gma. & Gpa. McAffee. They were good sports. We even talked mom into going for a trip around the dam (in the boat, not on the tube)!
Then on Labor Day Weekend, Trevor and Kent hiked to the top of the Wellsville mountains. That is the Salt Lake in the background. It was a tough hike.
According to Kent, Trevor went up the mountain (which was pretty steep) like a gazelle, while he (Kent) barely made it. He told me that when they got to the top Trevor asked him if he thought he would be able to hike for many more years (he was serious to, not just messing with Kent). Kent hates getting old.
Trevor on top of the mountain. He said it was pretty windy up there. Good thing the wind wasn't much stronger or it would have blown this skinny kid right off the mountain. 

I'll try to do better at keeping this blog updated. And I'll learn to put the text where I really want it, not where the computer wants it because it can't figure out where I want it. 

4 comments:

  1. Okay, posting a comment is easier that trying to edit my post. The text really is where I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Nice photo of a fun summer. Impressive garden, Caroline! Glad you liked Zachy's song! He is the most like Chris of his three boys I think. His little girl and youngest boy are more like Melissa. They are a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that Trevor caught a shark! I'm curious...what did it taste like?? It looks like they had a good time and the Mackay Dam was such a fun day! I love it when we can all get together. Happy Birthday to Kenna! I can't believe she's already 15! Everyone is growing up so fast! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post mama. Kenna is just so beautiful and grown up. And Trevor so brave in his shark-hunting. I am missing your garden/home cooked meals. love you!

    ReplyDelete